How to Elope at Dunluce Castle in 2023
Dunluce Castle is one of the most iconic castles in Northern Ireland.
Perched on a dramatic cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, it is a truly breathtaking sight. The castle was built in the 13th century and has a rich and fascinating history. It has been the home of many important families, including the McQuillans and the MacDonnells. The castle is now open to the public and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Which is why it is Northern Ireland’s most popular option for couples wishing to elope.
Dunluce Castle is an incredibly beautiful and romantic location for a wedding ceremony. Here is a guide to help you plan your dream elopement in Northern Ireland:
- Get a marriage license. If you are eloping in Northern Ireland, you will need to get a marriage license from the Registrar of Marriages. My wife Danielle (www.tietheknotni.com) is a fully legal wedding celebrant and can marry you at Dunluce Castle or anywhere for that matter and take of all the necessary paperwork in advance for you!
- Book a fantastic photographer (cough) and videographer. If you want to capture your special day, it is a good idea to book a videographer who works seamlessly with your photographer. There are many talented videographers in Northern Ireland who would be happy to document your elopement.
- Plan your ceremony. If you are having a religious or secular ceremony, you will need to plan what you want to say and do.
- Get dressed. You will want to dress comfortably and appropriately for your elopement. There is no need to wear a formal wedding dress or suit. You can choose to wear whatever you feel most comfortable in.
- Arrive at Dunluce Castle. When you arrive at Dunluce Castle, you will be able to take some photos and enjoy the scenery before your ceremony. There are many beautiful places to take photos at Dunluce Castle.
- Have your ceremony. Your ceremony can be as simple or as elaborate as you want it to be. You can choose to exchange vows in front of the castle, or you can find a more secluded spot.
- Celebrate your marriage. After your ceremony, you can celebrate your marriage with a picnic or a champagne toast. You can also take some more photos and enjoy the scenery.
Elopement at Dunluce Castle is an unforgettable experience. This is a perfect way to celebrate your love and to start your new life together.
Lastly here are 3 more reasons to choose Dunluce Castle for your elopement:
- It is a beautiful and historic castle. Dunluce Castle is a stunning example of medieval architecture. It is located on a dramatic cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and it is sure to take your breath away.
- It is a romantic and intimate setting. Dunluce Castle is the perfect place to elope if you are looking for a romantic and intimate setting. The castle ruins are perfect for a small ceremony, and the surrounding gardens are the perfect place to enjoy a picnic or a champagne toast.
- It is a memorable experience. Eloping at Dunluce Castle is an experience you will never forget. The stunning scenery, the romantic atmosphere, and the memories you will make will last a lifetime.